Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Never Ending Quest To Lose Weight

I've been trying for years to lose weight.  Every time some new diet comes out I give it a try.  You name it, I've tried it.  I've had some success with Atkins, Weight Watchers, HCG, Calorie Counting, etc, but in end I always gain the weight back.  I think I lost around 30 pounds on Atkins which I found pretty easy at first.  All you have to do is eat all the meat and fats you want.  You have to stay away from sugar and carbs.  It was pretty easy at first, eating steaks, burgers with the buns, chicken, cheese etc.  After 6 weeks I found myself wanting foods like bread and pasta.  The strange part is I don't really eat those types of food.  I'll have to admit my most successful diet was the HCG Diet.  I paid around $400.00 to a doctor who gave me a physical, vitamin B shots, a weekly supply of prepackaged HCG shots that I had to inject in my stomach, and a appetite suppressant.  We all know what it takes to lose weight, create a daily calorie deficit and the weight will come off.  So I'm not really sure why I paid all that money.  You need that appetite suppressant to help you with the hunger pains for eating only 500 calories a day.  They also say the HCG shots help with hunger also, but I'm not too sure.  I'm surprised I lasted the whole 6 weeks considering how much I dislike shots.  I lost a total of 46 pounds in the first 4 weeks.  The last two I didn't follow the program as closely and ended up with a total weight loss of 52 pounds.  After a couple of weeks you get use to eating so little food and hunger pains go away.  The problem is your energy level is so low.  At first I would go walking, but after 3 weeks it would make me really dizzy to walk 3.2 miles.  As a matter of fact, everything made me dizzy, the smell of good food, getting up too quickly, etc.  Once I finished the program and increased my calorie intake, I looked great and felt even better.  To my disappointment I gained the weight back in about four months after coming off the diet.  I guess I should have followed the maintenance plan a little better.

I finally decided to leave the rapid weight loss diet alone, so I ordered John Rowley's Extremely Simple Fat Loss.  It's no magic bullet, but a common sense approach to weight loss.  No I'm not losing 10 pounds a week, but I'm not dizzy every time I try to get up or take a walk.  It's really a lifestyle change that changes your bad habits when it comes to eating.  I lost 12 pounds over the last 3 weeks and I feel pretty good.  Sorry I can't go as far as to say I feel great.  You can also click on John Rowley to get more information on his 52 Million Pound Challenge. I'll update my blog in a few weeks to let you know how it going.


No comments:

Post a Comment